1 min read
I have managed my passwords on my Ubuntu machine using Revelation which simply does not run on OS X.
After doing some research about password managers for OS X, I finally decided to give KeePassX a try (sorry, no LastPass) and, consequently, was faced with a data conversion and migration task.
After some trial and error the following steps led to success:
- Export your password data from Revelation as (Revelation) XML.
- Install Keepass on Ubuntu.
- Create a new database in Keepass and import Revelation XML (you will see all your data in Keepass then).
- Save the Keepass database in the default kdbx format.
- Transfer the kdbx file to your Mac.
- Open the kdbx file in KeePassX using the same master password defined in Keepass.